The whole district that is west of the Shrubbery, the (Royal) Crescent and the Belvidere were intended to be laid out in a park ¹. At first the backwater was drained before the council lent out the ground for grazing. Then in the 1840's the railway came to Weymouth and later the area was divided up into streets and built over.
|Lennox Street / Grange Road||King Street||Gloucester Street||Victoria Street|
¹ History of Weymouth College by C.G.Falkner Pg.40
Click on thumbnails for descriptions and bigger pictures.