Coats of arms above the entrance to the school. Sherborne School was originally a monastic school but was refounded as the local grammar school in 1550. It occupies the old monastic buildings north of the church, to which 19th century Gothic and Tudor style buildings have been added. The school had 40 boys in 1850, 300 by 1877 and 650 today.
Click on picture to go to next photo. © 2006.